1) Book your accommodation at one of the hotels and resorts that have accomplished DOT’s Certificate of Authority to Operate
2) Book your tours with one of the travel agencies/tour operators with DOT accreditation and the LGU’s Local Seal of Compliance (LSOC). Your tour operator/travel agency will send you an itinerary for your stay.
3) Upload your bookings here, along with health declaration and IDs. You will be issued a QR coded tourist ID (QT-ID) that clears you for your itinerary.
4) Book your flight on AirSwift at https://www.air-swift.com
for your direct flight to El Nido. For now, the airports in Puerto Princesa City and San Vicente are not yet allowing tourists to fly in.
5) Get an RT-PCR test within 2 days (48 hours) before your arrival in El Nido.
In some ways, vacationing in El Nido will be similar to how it has been in the past. The big news is that you will be allowed to leave your hotel to go island-hopping or scuba diving! There will be very few people out on the islands, so this is your chance to experience El Nido without any crowds.
In other ways, your trip to El Nido will be very different than trips in the past. You will be authorized to leave your hotel or resort – but only to go to the islands. You can take meals in your hotel or resort, or you can request delivery – but we’re not yet allowing Manila tourists to travel to restaurants in town. (As the gradual reopening proceeds and is a success, the plan is to relax these restrictions.) So please pick your hotel or resort carefully!
There really is no better time to visit the islands, as the weather this time of year tends to be sunny and the islands haven’t been this roomy and uncrowded since the 2000s.